The Homelight was a 50 gross register ton (21net) steel steam tanker. She was 70’0″ long x14’6″ beam x6’6″ depth, with a 4’9″ draft at 55 dead weight tons. Her two cylinder compound steam engine was made by Plenty & Son Ltd at Newbury.
She was completed by Forrestt & Co. Ltd. in 1904, as yard number 513 for Homelight Oil Co. of Manchester for use on the Leeds & Liverpool Canal. (Official Number 119588). 1934 Sold to New Medway Steam Packet Co. Ltd, Rochester as Queen Tender. Later sold again to D. F. Ashton, Hull as Nellie Teal.