The Greyhound PH
In the High Street
An early view of the lower High St. date is c.1900-1910. The old brick wall of Wivenhoe Hall can be seen on the right of the picture. Glozier’s shop (with the drain pipe) was then a private house. There doesn’t seem to be a pavement on the Greyhound side. Left click on picture for super size image
Picture on top right shows Mr. William Goodwin, school attendance officer wearing his victorian frock coat outside the greyhound pub.
Plus some more modern photos taken in the 1980s.