Colne Terrace comprises a single row of ten terraced cottages built of brick with slate roofs, a line of decorative brickwork, semi- circular arched doorways and twelve-paned sash windows. Long thin gardens stretch out from the front of the house and beyond an interconnecting path to the south. The first conveyance referring to the houses was made on 29 September 1864 when they are cited as being built by Charles Heath of Wivenhoe, oyster merchant. From 1955 – 1969 the houses were owned by Wivenhoe Sand Stone and Gravel Company.
As described on the Wivenhoe Local List, adopted by Colchester Borough Council in March 2012.