This terrace comprises four six-house terraces many with the later addition of a porch and some retaining their original doors and sash windows. A number of blossoming cherry trees in the grass verge add much to the ‘Townscape’ vista along Manor Road. The houses were built on former manorial estate land after the sale by Nicholas Caesar Corsellis Lawton to Ernest Stanley Beard, the Estate Agent on 16 March 1899.
Butler, N. ‘The Story of Wivenhoe’ (1989) p321
Indenture dated 1899, Essex Record Office C887 Box 12
Kay, P. ‘A Hundred Years Ago’ (2002) – foldout map with historical notes
OS Map (1:2500) Revised 1921
[As described on the Wivenhoe Local List, adopted by Colchester Borough Council in March 2012.]