The map of East Street in 1897 shows the houses in these photographs:
Franks the Bakery, run by William Frank, which went bankrupt and his daughter, Edith Franks, took the business over.
East Street looking towards Black Buoy Hill.
East Street looking towards Anchor Hill.
East Street was formerly called Love Lane
See also the story about Phoebe Burrows who lived in East Street ~ click here
John Fales Fish shop with Alec and Edwin Green in the doorway.
Mrs Goodwin outside her shop in East Street she was Mr. Paynes mother in law who kept the dairy.