About Thomas and John Harvey in the 1800s
Mr. Thomas Harvey shown top [1803-1885} was a Wivenhoe ship builder. He took over the yard of Philip Sainty after he was made bankrupt in 1832.
When Thomas retired from shipbuilding, he went into land speculation. He purchased the Wivenhoe House estate after the death of William Brummell and sold off the land as building plots. Thus we have Park Road, Queens Road, Rebow Road and some plots in the High Street and Anglesea Road