The former Wivenhoe Shipyard site was sold for housing in the 1990s
Not in Brook Street but behind the Council Offices in the High Street
On the old Cook's Wet Dock and in Anchor Hill
Growth from a small garage to a luxury coach hire business.
Now a restaurant called The Bakehouse but once a bakery run by Ernest Cracknell
Some pictures of the building and a short history of it
About Jonathan Feedham and the Charity established in his name
Established in the 1700s and demolished shortly after 1899
Uproar in Wivenhoe in the early 1980s about the dust and effects of heavy lorries in Wivehoe's narrow streets
Eventually constructed during the winter of 2015/16
Built much earlier but it became the Workhouse in 1726 and remained as such for over 100 years
Built next to the former Wivenhoe Workhouse on Colchester Road
Open during the summer from May to September. Volunteers wanted.
Memories of Mr Bill Loveless, son of W.G. Loveless, Alan Green and Walter Wix